Full Name: Michael Odylon L. Romero
Date of Birth: March 21
Office Address: House of Representatives NW 512, Batasan Complex
IBP road, Constitutional Hills, Quezon City 1126
Chief of Staff: Romeo S. Fernando Jr., MBA
Tel no.: 931-5711 Loc 7411
Dr. Romero finished two Doctorate in Philosophy (PhD) degrees, One majoring in Management (Aug, 2006) with an Academic High Distinction and a Thesis Gold Medal and another majoring in Political Economics (Sept, 2008). Dr. Romero finished his Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) academics at the De La Salle Professional Schools in Manila. His Masters in Business Management degree was taken at the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) in 1997.
Dr. Romero’s various awards are as follows:
1) 2014 Forbes Asia Magazine Top 50 Philippines List of Richest (Landing at number 33);
2) 2014 Mega Magazines 10 Most Powerful Personalities in the Philippines;
3) 2014 Town and Country Magazine’s Philippines Top 50 personalities under 50 years old;
4) 2013 Forbes Asia Magazine Top 50 Philippine List of Richest (landing number 26);
5) 2014 Mega Magazine’s Top 5 Powerful Men in the Philippines and Top 10 Powerful People in the Philippines;
6) PeopleAsia’s “2012 Men Who Matter Award”;
7) “2008 Management Man of the Year”, awarded by the Philippine Council of Management (PhilcoMan);
8) Best business Port in the Philippines, awarded by the 2009 Consumer Union of the Philippines (CUP);
9) 2010 Creative Young Entrepreneur Award by the Junior Chamber International (JCI);
10) 2010 Financial Executives Institute of the Philippines (Finex) Award for Pioneering and Creating the Inter-Collegiate Finance Competition;
11) 2008 Young Leader Award, awarded by the political magazine Graphics Philippines and
12) De La Salle University’s 2008 Lifetime Achievement Award for Sports;
13) 2007 and 2008 Philippine Sportswriters Association Godfather of the Year Award
Party List Name: 1-PACMAN Party-list
Party List History, Profile and Programs
ONE PATRIOTIC COALITION OF MARGINALIZED NATIONALS or 1PACMAN, is a partylist group duly registered with the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) and accredited to participate in the 2016 National Elections.
1PACMAN, through its former name 1JAMG, came into being when a group of individuals from the marginalized sector that includes fisherfolks, farmers, peasants and those involved in other agriculture extension services, bound themselves together with the objective of uplifting the lives of the people they seek to represent. They recognized that majority of these people are living in abject poverty brought about by serious economic and social problems. It came into existence with the vision of addressing and providing solutions to these problems.
Unfortunately, it failed to receive the required number of votes during the 2013-midterm elections. Nevertheless, the partylist pursued its commitment to the marginalized sector and continued promoting and championing its advocacies for the alleviation of their standard of living.
Despite its ability to provide service and assistance to its constituency, 1PACMAN recognizes the need for institutionalized changes from the government that should
benefit the marginalized sector. With the help of the electorate, 1PACMAN will pioneer these changes in the next congress.
WHO WE ARE
WE, the One Patriotic Alliance of Marginalized National, Inc., also known as 1PACMAN, stand for, in the name of the marginalized, neglected sectors of the Philippines—the poor in the cities and urban areas; the unrecognized and deprived Filipino athlete; the disorganized sectors in the transport industries; in the public markets; in the fringe peasant, fisherfolk, and cattle-raising communities; the poor indigenous communities; and in behalf of all informal sectors, including the ageing, that have yet to be reached by mainstream programs of government because of distance and other socio-political factors that leave them in perpetual isolation.
PURPOSE, VISION, AND MISSION
- Purpose of 1PACMAN: KAMAO NG MAHIRAP, KAMPEON NG MGA NAWAGLIT
(FISTS OF THE POOR, CHAMPION OF THE MARGINALIZED)
- Vision Statement of 1PACMAN: BANSA NG MGA KAMPEON LABAN
SA KAHIRAPAN AT PAGKAAPI
(A NATION OF CHAMPIONS AGAINST POVERTY AND MARGINALIZATION)
- To stand for the rights and privileges of the marginalized and displaced sectors of society;
- To foster greater opportunities and access to education, health services, medicine, and sustainable livelihood for poor communities and households;
- To provide retired and ageing athletes continuing support and recognition of the honor they have given themselves and their country;
- To support young and budding athletes with no access to training and development of their skills and talents, and provide them a competitive edge against their professionally-trained counterparts;
- To legislate policies that support the creation of a more patriotic, God-fearing, pro-justice, and pro-people society where resources and opportunities reach the poorest of the poor and the most marginalized communities and sectors;
WE, the One Patriotic Alliance of Marginalized National, Inc., also known as 1PACMAN, stand for, in the name of the marginalized, neglected sectors of the Philippines—the poor in the cities and urban areas; the unrecognized, disorganized sectors in the transport industries; in the public markets; in the fringe peasant, fisherfolk, and cattle-raising communities; and in behalf of all informal sectors, including the ageing, as well as the undiscovered athletes, that have yet to be reached by mainstream programs of government because of distance and other socio-political factors that leave them in perpetual isolation;
THAT WE SHALL PUSH FOR, more fair and equitable policies that empower the urban and rural poor to create a life of honor and dignity for themselves, and be active partners in development;
THAT WE SHALL PROMOTE, the welfare of the neglected laborers in the transport sector, and the small public markets, by giving them access to the appropriate techonology, opportunities for education and the right information, to be able to compete in their respective markets as allowed by law;
THAT WE SHALL FOSTER AT ALL TIMES, the welfare of the small farmers, fisherfolks at battle-raisers, to develop their capacity to develop their livelihood, through the right entrepreneurial skills, technology, information, and capital;
THAT WE SHALL CARE FOR AND SUPPORT, the ageing, displaced former athletes who had given honor to their respective provinces and the country, and support the undiscovered young potential athletes who do not have access to the formal, professional training and financial assistance to be able to compete for their people; and
THAT WE SHALL UPLIFT, the life and welfare of all the other informal sectors, especially the most marginalized and neglected by private and public institutions because of their sheer number and distance from the centers of commerce and urban development;
WE, THEREFORE, by the grace and guidance of the Almighty God, under the flag of the Republic of the Philippines, do solemnly swear that all these we shall do and make manifest in our time and with the supreme trust of the Filipino people, all for 1PACMAN, and One Filipino Nation.